Frequently Asked Questions

At NDRC we offer help to individuals looking for resources in our community. While some of these questions are very specific we often get asked the same ones so we have compiled a list of those below.

The PWD process is confusing! Who can help with this?

We can! Allison is familiar with the PWD application process and can help with sections of it and explain what to do next if you’re stuck. She can be reached Mondays and Thursdays at 250-758-5547 or leave a message with the front desk and she will call you back. Additionally you can reach her by email on weekdays at


How do I apply for the Canadian Pension Plan Benefit

You can apply online or download the paper application from the governement website or Outreach Support center line (below)

Service Canada Outreach Support Center line- form pre-filling assistance 1-877-631-2657

Service Canada Outreach Support Ceter TTY line for hearing impaired 1-833-719-2657

How can I get nursing help?

Island Health nursing services help you manage your own care at home with no charge by providing:

  • assessment
  • education
  • counselling
  • medical and surgical care

To learn more visit nursing services or  contact an Island Health Community Health Services office near you. For those in all communities from Mill Bay to Deep Bay, including Gabriola Island, and from Parksville on the east coast to beyond Tofino/Ucluelet on the west coast that would be:

Nanaimo Community Access Centre (for Central Island):


I have a child with disabilities or who I believe might have delays. Who can help?

Starting with the Child Development Centre is a good idea. They can either help you there or refer you to the best place for your family.

Nanaimo Child Development Centre


1135 Nelson Street Nanaimo